Welcome to the first issue of the COVID-19 Hygiene Hub Weekly News Bulletin.
The Hygiene Hub continues to connect with organisations across the world to learn from and provide support to hygiene programmes responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Through this bulletin, we will update on technical engagement, new resources released on the Hygiene Hub website, COVID-19 hygiene projects around the globe, and other Hygiene Hub activities.
Common enquiries and technical engagement
The Hygiene Hub has continued to connect with organizations across the world to learn from, and provide support to, hygiene programmes responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To date, we have received 64 enquiries from 43 organisations in 31 countries through our website. Common enquiries this past week included:
- What kind of handwashing facilities are needed for COVID-19 responses?
- How can handwashing be promoted in COVID-19-affected settings where soap and water are scarce?
- What should COVID-19 hygiene kits include and how can they be distributed safely and effectively?
Interactive map updates
In response to web enquiries and discussions with partner organisations, we have continued to develop and revise our evidence summaries on a range of topics related to COVID-19 response.
New resources that have gone up this week include:
Resources we have updated with new evidence this week include:
- Surfaces and disinfection to prevent COVID-19 transmission - a new section on chemical precautions
- Handwashing and COVID-19 - revised section on handwashing with ash
All resources are translated into French, Spanish, and Arabic and posted online as soon as possible. Please visit our searchable resource page to view a complete list of resources available. If you have requests or ideas for future resources, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the COVID-19 Hygiene Hub? Organised in partnership with the Global WASH Cluster, to provide an overview of the Hygiene Hub and discuss ways of working with our global network of partners. Listen to an English recording of the webinar and access the Q&A, or join the upcoming Spanish, French and Arabic versions in the coming weeks.
- WASH and COVID-19 in Humanitarian Settings: How can we improve hygiene behaviours? Organised by the READY Initiative this English language webinar provided a global overview of COVID-19 hygiene programming in emergency settings and featured case studies from DRC and Syria
- Increasing Handwashing Adherence: Lessons from Rigorous Evidence Organised by Innovations for Poverty Action, this webinar reviewed the current evidence base on the determinants of hygiene behaviours and lessons learned about hygiene behaviour change.
Author: Lauren D'Mello-Guyett
Review: Robert Dreibelbis, Joanna Esteves Mills, Sian White
Last updated: 20.05.2020