Women may be more at risk of developing post traumatic stress in response to the outbreak.
A study in China found that symptoms associated with post traumatic stress were much higher in the population after the COVID-19 outbreak. They also found that women were more likely than men to show post traumatic stress symptoms and have difficulty sleeping.
Want to know more about COVID-19 and Gender?
- Sex and gender differences in COVID-19 infection and mortality
- Gender differences in workforce composition and job security
- Power dynamics and decision making during outbreaks
- Domestic violence
- Decreases in key services
- Practical Actions for making COVID-19 hygiene programmes gender inclusive
- Other resources on considering gender in COVID-19 response programmes