The Global WASH Cluster keeps an updated list of upcoming courses.
What is COVID-19 and how might the outbreak affect you? Find out more about coronavirus and how the outbreak might affect you, in this online course from London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the UK Public Health Rapid Support Team.
Science Matters: Let’s talk about COVID-19. A free, online course by Imperial College London on the science underpinning COVID-19, epidemiology, preparedness and response.
(WHO) Risk communication essentials: In this online course you can learn about risk communication is a core public health intervention in any disease outbreak and health emergency. It refers to the real-time exchange of information, advice and opinions between experts, officials and people who face a threat to their wellbeing, to enable informed decision-making and to adopt protective behaviours.
Germ Defence - advice for the home, to help protect you, and the people around you, from called COVID-19. The course is available here.
The Global WASH Cluster keeps an updated list of upcoming webinars.
- Rapid Actions that local level actors can take to prevent the spread of COVID-19. A webinar by Wash’em. The recording is available here.
- Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC): COVID-19 for SBCC practitioners. Part 1 and Part 2.
- Global Wash Cluster, UNICEF COVID-19 Global Webinar March 11 2011. Recording available here.
- Sanitation and Water for All Webinar on COVID-19 and WASH featuring UNICEF, WHO and Governments, 27 of March 2020. Recording available here.
- Shielding High-Risk Populations from COVID-19. A webinar by Ready Initiative, April 1st 2020. The recording from this webinar is available here.
- Risk communication and community engagement for disease outbreaks; COVID-19. A webinar by Ready initiative 1st of April 2020. Recording available here.
- Operationalising standards: Sphere and the COVID-19 response in camp settings, April 2nd 2020 - recording from the webinar is available here.
- UNHCR: WASH Preparedness and response to COVID-19. Recording from the webinar on April 1st is available here.
- The role of engineers in the coronavirus outbreak. Particular tools that engineers bring and three particular paradigms with engineering basis. Recording of the lecture is available here.
- Communication & Behaviour Change Webinar, by OpenIDEO. Recording from the April 7th Webinar is available here.
Key resource hubs
- World Health Organization
- Center Disease Control and Prevention
- Global WASH Cluster
- Global Handwashing Partnership
- The Lancet
- Johns Hopkins Resource Center
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Searchable research hub from PubMed
- Sanitation and Water for All: list of WASH guidelines in different languages
- WASH in Schools knowledge map by UNICEF & Save the Children
- COVID-19 Humanitarian - an open-access, web-based platform for use by humanitarian actors in preparedness and response to COVID-19
- How kids can can help beat corona by Welt Hunger Hilfe.
- Handwashing compendium for low resource settings by the Sanitation Learning Hub
- COVID-19 Dictionary: Key terms in more than 12 languages by Translators Without Borders