General M&E Resources:
- The Intrac M&E Universe - A set of online learning resources covering a range of M&E topics. Includes useful guides on how to develop logical frameworks and theories of change. Some resources are available in multiple languages.
- LSHTM resource list- a list of useful resources on process evaluations.
- ALNAP resources - A set of resources on how to improve M&E within humanitarian response.
- Wash’Em M&E guide - a short brief with advice on how to do M&E during outbreaks and humanitarian crises.
- M&E Templates - Tools4Dev provides several templates for assessments throughout the project cycle including an M&E plan template and an M&E Framework template.
COVID-19 M&E resources:
- WHO COVID-19 M&E Framework - This is a general framework not specific to hygiene or preventative projects.
- Doing fieldwork in a pandemic - This is a guide to social research methods. It focuses mainly on settings where technology access is high.
- CartONG overview on how to adapt monitoring during the COVID-19 pandemic - This detailed document is designed with humanitarians in mind and provides an overview of key principles for remote data collection and practical considerations for remote methods.
- SAVE guidance on monitoring in insecure environments - Although developed prior to COVID-19, this document is very relevant to the current circumstances and describes challenges and mitigation options for lots of remote data collection tools.
M&E online training course:
- Disaster Ready - a range of courses on all aspects of monitoring, evaluation learning and accountability.
- Global Health Learning Centre - M&E Fundamentals
- Poverty Action Lab- a range of courses on impact evaluations, surveys and evaluating social projects.
- Save the Children - an open course on all aspects of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL).
- RedR- RedR are currently adapting some of the face-to-face teaching on M&E for online use.
Want to learn more about general principles for monitoring and evaluation of COVID-19 related hygiene projects?
- What is the difference between monitoring and evaluation?
- What is a ‘theory of change’ and how can it be applied to COVID-19 preventive behaviours?
- Which types of evaluations work best for COVID-19 hygiene projects?
- Should we be tracking cases and mortality rates to understand whether our programmes are having an impact?
- What if monitoring and evaluation processes show that my organisation's project didn’t work as expected?
- What other resources are there on Monitoring and Evaluation?